Thursday 27 August 2020

Parsley, You Say?

On rainy days, some people feel like this...


Lucky for us, we are not some people.  

We started the morning with a glorious sunrise.  


The old adage, "Red sky in the morning, sailors take warning" held true; it was a rainy, rainy day here on Gael Glen Farm.



I do not mind a warm, soft rain and very much enjoyed doing morning chores and picking today's harvest.  Today is parsley day and what a harvest it was!  I read that if you do a substantial harvest now, you can get one last crop of parsley in before the snow flies.  I decided to try it out and cut back two of my four plants to see how they fare in the coming weeks.



In addition to hanging much of my harvest to dry,


I also made my family's favourite tabbouleh with almost all homegrown ingredients - our own onions, garlic, cherry tomatoes, mint, and, of course, parsley.  As always, it was a winner.


I also harvested some corn.


Out of the ten cobs, I got one that was absolutely perfect.  Yay!  This will be lunch tomorrow.  What a beauty.


For a rainy day, this one was the best! Ali agrees.


No comments:

Post a Comment