Saturday 22 August 2020

Appealing Peels

 Despite spending a large part of the day lugging my bowling ball sized meat chickens from their old coop to their new home in the big coop (twice - it seems that they are pretty attached to their old coop even though they are now too big to all fit in comfortably at night), I did make some progress in the preservation department.

My Vanilla Bourbon Peaches are done.  I cannot wait to taste them!



I set aside the peach peels and pits as they can apparently be used to make jelly.  Obviously, I have to try this!  Waste not, want not.  Besides, it makes peeling peaches much more appealing (no pun intended) if you can use the discarded peels to make something delicious!


Our pasta sauce boiled all day long and is ready to be canned tomorrow.

I did not get to the crab apples but unless we get hit by a tornado overnight (not impossible, it is 2020 after all), they will still be there tomorrow.  Ian also picked up a bucket of fermented blueberries from Small Pony Barrel Works with the intention of making another jammy collaboration.  I foresee some jelly and jam making in our future.  We might need to buy more jars...

No comments:

Post a Comment