Sunday 2 August 2020

Rainy Day Soap Shop

When it rains, it pours.  We have gotten 57.4 mm of rain in the last 12 hours.  That is just ridiculous.  Our paddocks and gardens are now lakes but nobody here really seems to mind.  All the animals are outside in the pouring rain, digging, chowing down, swimming, and frolicking about.



It is just POURING out.
Alistair and I, on the other hand, have stayed mostly indoors (except for farm chores, of course).  I took advantage of Alistair's great afternoon nap to continue my soaping adventures.

Despite using beet juice that looked like this...


my bacon, rosemary, beetroot soap turned out like this...


So much for natural colouring.  Lye is a crazy thing.  At least the soap does not smell like bacon.  It has a lovely, earthy rosemary scent.

My beeswax and rose clay soap bars turned out beautifully.  They smell like stuffing your face inside a rose blossom.



Finally, my apple & cinnamon loaf and my aloe & eucalyptus loaf are both still hardening up.  I am excited to cut these into bars in the coming days.  I am hoping their designs are lovely.


Three days, six soaps and my soap-xtravangza has come to an end.  Now to wait for them to cure, then package and label, and viola!  Our new products will be available just in time to meet all your Back to School hand washing needs.  Bring on autumn!  It's the most wonderful time of the year...

P.S. Meanwhile, the campers are wet.  Oh, so wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment