Friday 12 July 2019

Wheating

It is nice to visit but it is always nice to come home again.  I missed our farm.  I especially missed this little lady, though I must admit, she has grown like a weed while I have been gone.


In fact, lots of weeds have grown around the farm in the past two weeks.  The paddocks are now filled with wild flowers.  Ava delights in eating them.

Ava munching on a daisy.
I managed to snap a photo of this lone but beautiful Black Eyed Susan before she chomped down on it.


My vegetable gardens are also full of weeds...well, technically wheat.  We put down straw to keep the weeds down but now we have wheat grass growing everywhere!  It is choking out our vegetables.

I see much weeding (wheating?) in my future.  Thank goodness Grandma Cora is coming to visit this week.  While she spends time with the boys, hopefully I can sneak away and spend some time outdoors getting my gardens back under control.  Like Ava, they are aching for some TLC from yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment