Tuesday 30 July 2019

Mama's Little Helpers

One of the most fun things about Liam and Seamus is that they get excited about whatever (sometimes unusual) things I get excited about.  I do a lot of stuff that they like but they are also easy to enthuse about participating in things I want to do.

For example, right now I am excited about my new rhubarb patch.


We have some very generous friends (Thank You Liam & Nina!) who kindly offered up rhubarb plants for adoption.  They have been planted with much love and manure into what I hope is an optimal place for them to flourish.

I have high hopes of one day having such an epic rhubarb crop that a recipe for rhubarb lemonade that calls for eight cups of rhubarb is no longer a pipe dream.  It is awesome that Liam and Seamus were interested in helping me attain this goal.  We dug of the sod, liberally mixed compost into the topsoil, and watered generously.  I am hoping to also plant a row of rhubarb seeds to see what comes of that.

I am very lucky to have such amazing helpmates.  They might be exhausting but I would not trade them for anything....well, today anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment