Saturday 17 March 2018

Salty Sheep Smooches

I received a warm welcome back to Gael Glen Farm.

Ian was particularly happy to welcome back my grocery shopping and cooking skills.  We are out of apples.

Charlotte was happy to give me lots of cuddles and welcomed me with wet doggy nose nuzzles.


Charlie welcomed me back with a snotty snort (that went all over my glasses).  I am assuming this is the equivalent of a donkey smooch.


Martha and Mellie bounced around gleefully to celebrate my return, gave me goat smiles, and snuggled in close for some scratches.

Martha: "I am so happy to see you.  Scratch me please.  Here, here and here."
But the sheep were by far the happiest to see me.

My ovine welcoming committee.
They were very excited to show me how much of their salt lick they had used up in a week.  Indeed, they have made an impressive dent in it.  This video of Violet licking her lips is pretty funny.


Abbott and Violet then proceeded to give me salty sheep smooches.



Who could resist all this barnyard love?  I missed my farm family.  It is great to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment