Thursday 8 March 2018

Toothless McGee

Please welcome today's guest blogger - Emily the miniature schnauzer.  I will assist by interpreting her facial expressions for those of you who do not speak fluent Schnauzer.

Well, we're in the car.  I wonder where we are going.
This is a nice cushy blanket.
I am hungry.  No breakfast this morning?
I like car rides.

Here we are at the border.  Mum says we're going to New York.  Fun!

Mum told the border guard we are going to the dentist.
I did not agree to this but did he ask my opinion? No.

I am going to nap in protest - like a sit in - but actually a sleep in.

Well, we've arrived.  Yippee (sarcasm).

I am not happy to be here.
Why are they poking and prodding me?
I have a feeling this is going to get much worse before it gets better.

This is what Mum did all day.  Tough life.

They pulled out 8 of my teeth!  Yes, they were rotten - but still.  Eight!

I am not speaking to you.

At least we're going home.
Interjection from Krystal: While I am sure it was nowhere near as traumatic for me as for Emily, the drive home from Ogdensburg was terrible.  It was dark and snowing and the roads were slippery.  Many people were driving incredibly fast given how dark and snowy and slippery it was.  I saw no less than seven emergency vehicles and five cars in the ditch.  Ugh.

Charlotte: Awww...do your teeth hurt?
Emily: Obviously.  Why else would I rub my face in so much snow except to numb the pain?
Charlotte: Well, you look pretty silly.

This has not been a good day.
 P.S. Please make Dad stop calling me "Toothless McGee".  It is humiliating.

No comments:

Post a Comment