Thursday 26 August 2021

Be Careful What You Wish For

Yesterday I posted about "beginning a new chapter"; I did not realize then what the universe had in store for us.  Today I received a very surprising phone call telling me that after four years of waiting, we have finally reached the top of the list and are eligible for a spot in the french preschool associated with Liam and Seamus' school.  I joined the wait list way back when Seamus was two and then stealthily adjusted the name to Alistair when Seamus was finally old enough to enter kindergarten and had still not been offered a spot.  Imagine my shock to learn that there is a place for Ali beginning September 13th.  

And so it seems that now, instead of living my daydreams of soap making during Ali's nap time and taking long afternoon hikes with my not-so-baby-anymore baby, I will be job hunting and returning to the realm of policy making or academia.  I will be trading in my straw farmer's hat for my PhD thinking cap.  

We are going to go from everyone home all the time and no one home for most of the day!  Life is crazy, isn't it?  A new chapter, indeed.




No comments:

Post a Comment