Sunday 1 August 2021

Giving Me a Sign?

Our chickens are showing signs of revolt.  They pecked out all of Pecky Becky's butt feathers.

One feather left.

All gone. 
Pecky Becky is a round puff with no tail fan to speak of.

They are laying their eggs willy nilly all over the yard.

This is not a nest box.

 They broke into my vegetable garden and ate my fall crop of broccoli and cabbage seedlings down to bare stems.


I am not sure what has gotten into them but perhaps they are trying to tell me something?  Perhaps, something to do with the not-so-friendly neighbourhood coyote that I ran smack into during tonight's evening stroll?  He crossed the road not ten feet from me and, except for a sideways glace, paid me no attention at all.  On my part, I raced home to lock up all my barnyard delicacies before they became coyote kabobs.  

My hens might be little rascals but they are my little rascals.

No comments:

Post a Comment