Friday 12 April 2019

Sweet Treats

Thanks to Grandma and Aunt Sue, Ian and I managed to sneak out for a dinner and concert date night this week.  As a bribe to be good for Grandma (yes, I will resort to bribes in order to get a date night once and a while), I promised Liam and Seamus ice cream with caramel sauce.


Since I am not buying any of that stuff right now, Seamus, Alistair and I got out the ice cream maker and spent part of the afternoon in the kitchen.




While we were there, we whipped up some butterscotch and chocolate chip cookies for Liam's school snacks, since we are not buying pre-packaged cookies, Bear Paws, or granola bars either.



Not to worry, we offset our ice cream bribe with a huge salad and venison chops for dinner.  Healthy choices with a sweet treat for dessert - that is just how we roll here on Gael Glen Farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment