Tuesday 23 April 2019

A Hoof Trimming, Macaroni Sticking, Garden Clipping Sort of Day

We kicked off the morning with a visit from Mr. Jeff, the farrier.  He gave Charlie a hoof trim.  As much as she does not typically like getting her nails done, Charlie knew that she was badly in need of a spring time pedicure.  She was very well behaved and I think, pleased with the outcome.  After he was done, Charlie went galloping off to the far side of the paddock to test out her new wheels (or hooves, as it were).




Mr. Jeff kindly offered to clip and file Seamus' nails too.  Seamus politely declined and explained that Mama does a good job of keeping his nails trimmed and neat.  I guess I can add "toddler farrier" to the various other hats that I wear.


Next Seamus and I tried to get some spring cleaning done in our flower beds.  They sure need it!

Yikes!
Alistair was having none of it though and we had to abort our garden clipping mission until nap time when I squeezed in some outdoor clean up while Seamus and Alistair snoozed.


Ah.  Much better.
As I was preparing lunch, Seamus undertook the Day #2 activity for the Independent Play Challenge that we are currently participating in.  We drew patterns on paper and then he arranged bow tie pasta to replicate the patterns.

Me: "Smile Seamus."
Seamus: "I can't smile Mama.  I am too busy!"



It was a busy day for everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment