Friday 5 April 2019

Foxy Friday

I am confused.  All signs point to spring...

A hungry fox has been seen twice poking around our farm.  They boys spied her again this morning scouting out the hen house.  Foxes, with their chicken-eating tendencies, are not my favourite animal.  I think the odds are very good that I will soon be sporting a brand new fox fur Davy Crockett-style hat.  Seamus and I stopped by TSC today to pick up supplies to get our electric fence back up and running once the snow finally melts.  Until then, our hens are on lock down.

Our outdoor faucets are finally working again.  They froze up in October and Ian and I have been lugging pails of drinking water from the mudroom to the barns ever since.


Our hens are laying like crazy.  I must have a dozen dozen eggs in the fridge.  Eggs are taking over my life.  If anyone wants to partake in the farm fresh goodness, please do let me know. $5/dz.  I will give you a good deal if you buy in bulk.

As I said, all signs point to spring...except the snow storm currently raging outside.  Seriously, Mother Nature?  What's up?!

No comments:

Post a Comment