Saturday 6 April 2019

One Fine Day That I Never Want to Repeat

At long last, today was a beautiful spring day. I got my apple and plum trees pruned.


Grandma and Liam swept and weeded the back patio.


I was finally able to pull the plastic row cover off of my first box garden. It is filled with a huge mud puddle that can now begin to dry out.


An unfortunate consequence of such nice weather was the serious bout of spring fever that infected Liam and Seamus.  All day they were incredibly unhelpful, difficult, stubborn and defiant, and really just over-the-top crazy.  For example, in response to my request for their assistance to remove the row cover they suggested that I practice "how I would do it if they did not live here" because they were too busy blowing mud bubbles to help.  Really?!  I also got told "not to be such a bossy pants".  Oh, the attitude. 


There were several time outs allocated and much mandatory outside time for the various infractions resulting from their disagreeable dispositions.  There were also many, many exasperated sighs and a lot of deep, soothing breaths on my part. 

It might have been one fine day but it is certainly a day that I am not eager to repeat any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment