Thursday 11 April 2019

Defective Yogurt

We have been making our own yogurt lately but for some unknown reason, my April 8th batch did not thicken at all.  It tasted "yogurty" but had the consistency of milk.


Not to worry, we got creative.

We made blueberry 1-2-3 pancakes made with yogurt instead of milk.
Thank goodness we ate them with maple syrup because they were tart!
Ian and Seamus also made homemade yogurt drinks.  We had to put in what I consider to be a ridiculous amount of sugar before these were drinkable.  It is scary to think about how much sugar is in store bought yogurt drinks to make them taste so good.

Shake, shake, shake.
Thankfully this used up our defective batch of yogurt. My subsequent batch turned out much better - it thickened up like custard. I much prefer to eat my yogurt rather than drink it.

No comments:

Post a Comment