Monday 13 September 2021

So Quiet


Alistair's first day of preschool went swimmingly.  At drop off, he held hands with his brothers and bravely surged ahead into this new chapter with not even a backward glace at Mama and Papa standing behind him.  Ali disappeared in less than a second leaving Ian and I looking at each other and asking "Where'd he go?" "Is that it?"

At pick up time Ali gave me the biggest smile but when I tried to lead him towards the van to go home he looked me right in the eye and said very clearly, "No van.  I want to go back to school now."  Clearly today was a success.  It might be crazy but it's true - Alistair did not miss his Mama or Papa even one little bit.  

But do you know the craziest thing of all?  The house was so quiet; you could hear the bees buzzing in the front yard cleaning up their honey frames from inside the house!  Shocking.



No comments:

Post a Comment