Thursday 16 September 2021

Being Apple-less Makes for Unappealing Oatmeal

I refuse to buy apples from the grocery store at this time of year when so many local trees are simply loaded with fruit.  Normally, our trees are loaded too but not this year.  And so, this morning I found myself in the undesirable state of being "apple-less" when preparing my oatmeal.  Not to worry, I pilfered a few of Ian's wild apples earmarked for his deer stand and redirected them to my breakfast.  Eventually this wild apple supply point will dry up; however, (like tomorrow when Ian goes out to his stand to scatter apples) so I figured that I had to take matters into my own hands or risk a life of "un-apple-atizing" oatmeal.  


Thanks to our generous neighbours, after school today our whole family went apple picking practically in our own backyard (well, down the street)!


We are now well stocked with enough apples earmarked for my morning oatmeal to last me a couple of weeks.  The remainder will be headed into the apple sauce pot tomorrow.  We are completely out of homemade apple sauce so I am excited for this windfall of fresh and tangy fruit.  Thank you John and Kathy for sharing with us!  I am looking forward to getting saucy tomorrow; I plan to make lots of jars of apple deliciousness to get us through the winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment