Wednesday 30 September 2020

Seeking Rainbows

I am sure my children are no different than others but...they oscillate between being incredibly helpful and being so exasperating that I consider checking Kijiji to see if they have changed their policy on selling kids.

Yesterday Liam placed our October grocery order online completely independently.  I provided him with a list of items and I paid but he did the rest.  So helpful.

This morning, Seamus helped me clean out the fridge in advance of restocking it with our new groceries.  He removed all the drawers, washed and dried them, and put them back.  So helpful.

This afternoon, Alistair swept.  He did a terrible job at the actual cleaning part but he occupied himself for a whole half hour.  So (well, at least moderately) helpful.

There were also times this week that I needed a second cup of coffee and three deep breaths to keep going.  Today I actually needed to call in a Grandma-shaped reinforcement to take Liam for the day since he was in a bad mood of epic proportions and was making the rest of our lives miserable.

We all have our ups and downs.  Here is hoping tomorrow is more rainbows than rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment