Monday 28 September 2020

Costumes & Cupcakes

It may still be a month away but Halloween preparations are in full swing here on Gael Glen Farm.  The boys are busy figuring out their costumes.  Alistair tried out Captain Underpants today.

The Halloween decorating is coming along too.  We spend some time working on the decorations each afternoon.  "Crafting" is not my favourite past time but the boys love it, and it is probably good for some sort of skills development, so I am making an effort.

Since we are sticking around the farm for Halloween, unconventional treats like cupcakes and candy apples are back on the table!  As such, the boys were adamant that we need to "practice" making the perfect Halloween cupcakes.   I have no doubt that same will need to be done with the candy apples at some point over the next month.  


Baking I can get behind; cupcakes and candy apples are much more in my wheel house than crafting, though I will readily admit that Christmas is my jam.  Anything scary does not float my boat.  These cupcake ghouls are a far cry from Jolly Old Saint Nick but at least they look pretty friendly to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment