Tuesday 30 March 2021

Haunted Hike

In advance of our grocery pick up in Carleton Place this afternoon, Seamus, Alistair and I ventured along the Saint James Woods Trail for some fresh air and sunshine.


For Seamus and I it was a beautiful, warm afternoon stroll (6 km in 1.5 hours).


However, for some unexplained reason Alistair was not digging this particular forest.  He kept saying, "Scary, scary."  and then started repeating "The trees eat me."  After a while Alistair's unease began to creep all of us out.  That's when we started to see snakes and spiders all over the woods.  



The last straw was when Seamus discovered a "canyon to the underworld".  Fantastic, just what we needed.



I am usually a big fan of imagination but haunted forests are not my jam.  Thanks goodness it was broad daylight on a gorgeous sunny afternoon or I might have really gotten goosebumps!

No comments:

Post a Comment