Tuesday 2 March 2021

Exhausted

Today was a tough day.  The hourly visits to the barn are wearing on me.  Charlie seemed to be doing well this morning - she was up on her feet and drank when I offered her warm water.  I even saw her licking her salt block.  By mid-afternoon; however, she had laid down and did not get back up.  She refused to eat anything except for the occasional small nibble of grain and a tiny bit of the shredded lettuce and carrots I brought out for her.  She did not poop today.  Charlie would drink when I brought her water each hour but she was not getting up to drink at all any other time.

By night when Ian and I went out to check on her, she was completely lying down on her side in the barn and did not look well.  A donkey lying down is an unnerving sight.

I am emotionally and physically exhausted and so, so sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment