Sunday 14 February 2021

Turning Off the TV to Enjoy the Blue Bird Sky

I am not sure what it is about television but my kids would spend all day mesmerised by the screen...if we let them.  We do not.  I know, meanest parents ever!


Instead of too much TV, today we went ice fishing with Daddy.






Ali: "But I WANT to stick my foot down the hole!"
Ice skating on the lake with Mama.


I haven't been skating since having kids.
My pre-pregnancy skates no longer fit and I gave them away a long time ago.  
Today I wore Grandpa's old skates. 
I pushed through but boy, did they hurt my feet!
And we built a campfire and roasted wieners and giant marshmallows (for energy, of course).



Even with the energy boost from the s'mores, we had three extremely tired children by bed time. But, they were also happy, well exercised, rosy cheeked children.  That is what counts, right?  (Even if you had to weather being unpopular for a few minutes because you turned off their beloved TV.)


Happy Valentine's Day, all.  I hope you also received some happy, rosy cheeked smiles that filled your heart with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment