Tuesday 2 February 2021

A Hidden Message?

I am not sure if this is a message from the universe or just rotten luck but things are falling apart around here.  The goats managed to chew through the legs of my milking stool.  I have no idea if this stool is particularly tasty or if they are just totally over being milked but there it is.  I suppose it is good timing in a way since I am currently drying them off but now I get to look forward to a least a week of crouching to milk them.  Maybe I should just think of this as a golden opportunity to do a few really long squats to complement all the planks the boys and I are doing for Plank Month?


Meanwhile, as I was half hanging over the door of the hay loft this evening trying to wrestle a few flakes of hay out for the sheep, I felt an enthusiastic nose bumping me repeatedly in the butt.  I peered over my shoulder to see none other than Ava who was very happy to see me.  Normally I enjoy Ava's energetic greetings but in this case she was supposed to be tethered to the fence.  So much for "weather resistant vinyl coated galvanized steel aircraft cable" "for dogs up to 250 lbs".  Seriously, Ava is a beast.  

If only she'd learn not to chase the goats as soon as I am not supervising.  Gah!  She is finally old enough to be spayed, which I have booked for her second birthday on March 1st.  What a birthday gift (eek!) but hopefully this means maturity is in the near future.  Bye bye puppy stage (please, please, please).  I cannot wait until she actually begins to "guard" the goats instead of trying to eat them.

In the meantime, I ordered a replacement (and I am sure equally unsatisfactory) tie out online and sent Ian to the pet store for curbside pick up.  Sadly, they do not also sell milking stools.  Shocking, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment