Monday 15 June 2020

Happy Harvesters

I had some early morning helpers for today's CSA basket harvest.


It was COLD out this morning!  I found frost covering my tomatoes and cucumbers again.  Seriously.  What's up Mother Nature?  This is not cool.  My poor pepper plants look like they are about to throw in the towel for the season.  Not to mention my corn.  My poor, sad looking corn.



Despite the nip in the air, the boys (in their winter coats) and I harvested gorgeous vegetable baskets that included: salad leaf mix (green and red leaf lettuce, endive, beet greens, arugula),


baby spinach, borage, kale, mini broccoli crown and leaves, radishes, spring onions, garlic chives, sweet basil, dill, daikon microgreens, a wasabi mustard and clover microgreen mix, and pea shoots.


This week's unofficial theme was kombucha, so the baskets also included a loaf of my artisan kombucha bread,



a dozen farm fresh eggs, and two bottles of my homemade peach, ginger and dandelion kombucha.  I hope we have some happy CSA families.  Now, if it could just stop frosting on my vegetables we could also have a happy Farmer Krystal.

No comments:

Post a Comment