Saturday 20 June 2020

Just Ali and Me

As Mama of three it is always amusing to reflect back once upon a time when I thought it was tough having one child.  Now, any chance I have to care for only one child at a time is practically a vacation!  Which brings us to today.

Liam is up at the cottage for a few days with Grandma.
Seamus was up at the crack of dawn ready and waiting for his promised fishing trip with Daddy.  They eventually rolled out at 6:30 am leaving Alistair and I to fend for ourselves.  Easy peasy.

I got a chance to have two cups of coffee while Ali played quietly after breakfast.  There are definitely perks to caring for a kid whose only words are "all done", "Ali" and "Emily doggy".


Alistair and I made Greek yogurt, mushroom soup, mocha rye bread, and raspberry mint kombucha.







During his nap, I watered the plants and livestock and weeded the kitchen garden.

Halfway
All done!
We did several loads of laundry.  It is still weird to see face masks drying up there.


We played in the sandbox and made an easy supper of venison steaks with grilled zucchini and peppers on the BBQ.



By the time Seamus and Daddy returned with seven keepers, we had had a very productive day.  Just Ali and me.  What a team!



Daddy and Seamus are a pretty good team too!

No comments:

Post a Comment