Wednesday 4 April 2018

Gael Glen's Next Top Model

You know something is up when your toddlers strut through the kitchen with shiny lips befitting someone in a Cover Girl commercial.  Upon closer investigation, I discovered that they had smeared a thick layer of my lip gloss on their lips and inexplicably on their hands and feet as well.
Seamus: "We don't want to be scaly."
Me: "That is weird.  Are you a lizard?"

Anyway, now that I have all the ingredients, this was just the motivation I needed to whip up a pilot batch of Gael Glen Farm's very own beeswax lip gloss.


I used:
1 oz of our unrefined, organic beeswax
1 oz unrefined, organic shea butter
1 oz organic coconut oil
1 tsp raw honey
a few drops of Vitamin E oil


We measured and melted.




Poured and let set.




That was all there was to it.  The final product is a great consistency - not too hard or soft.  Unfortunately, I find that the smokey scent of the shea butter overpowers both the coconut and honey scents.  In the next batch, I will reduce the proportion of shea butter to get a more balanced aroma.   Not bad for a first try, especially since I was completely out of lip gloss.

No comments:

Post a Comment