Wednesday 11 April 2018

A Half Done Kind of Day

Everything I tackled today somehow ended up half done.

This morning I gave Charlie, Martha, and Mellie thorough brush outs.  Charlie, like the gem she is, stood perfectly still for over half an hour as I meticulously curry combed her hair to get the dirt out and then brushed her out.  In contrast, Martha and Mellie tolerated the curry comb but by brushing time, they had moved on to more exciting things and were happy to leave me with a goat grooming job half done.

I cleaned the curry comb in the barn yard.
I wonder if the swallows will use this in their nests?
Upon checking under the blue hoop garden, I excitedly found the soil workable!  I was halfway through planting when I realized that all the peas I have are climbers.  Not suitable for a hoop garden.  The best thing about peas is that they can be planted outside very early and so they produce food very early too.  However, to capitalize on this trait using my hoop garden, I need the bush variety.  So, while my spinach got planted, my gardening job was left half done until I can get to the seed store to buy a different variety of pea.




The bulk of my day was spent constructing my new chicken cabana.  I cut my first ever piece of wood with a saw!


Sadly, before I was finished, the rain started, which then turned to snow.  As much as I wanted to actually complete a project today, I decided it was silly to be building a chicken cabana during a blizzard.  So, I put it on hold.

All that I have left to do is put on the roof and its support beams.
On the bright side, a half finished project today means I only have half left to do tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment