Thursday 12 April 2018

A Whole Other Level of Authenticity

I am not sure what possessed me, but on the way back to the house after a very long and busy day on the farm, I smelled my hands.

These are the hands that built a super duper, deluxe chicken sun cabana/goat perch all by myself.  I drew up the design, did every measurement, sawed every cut, and screwed every screw.  I problem-solved all my problems and corrected all my mistakes. Roar!



These hands also planted three varieties of peas in the blue hoop garden to complete my first direct sowing.


These hands mucked all the barns in advance of the impending rain and snow that is supposed to besiege us over the next few days.

Martha and Mellie were helpful (?) as always.

Doesn't this look like a comfy place to sleep if you were a goat?
It comes complete with your own pet chicken to cuddle all night long.
And these hands demolished the old rotting chicken cabana sunk three inches deep in muddy sludge and dragged it out of the chicken run.


If there was a prize for "most authentic farm aroma" my hands would surely win.  They were the perfect mix of the pungency of five types of animal poop, mud, and sweat, all tied together with a healthy dose of "whoop-ass" - you know, the kind only produced by a tenacious and self-sufficient farm girl after a very productive and satisfying day.

No comments:

Post a Comment