Saturday 7 April 2018

A Taste of Summer

It seems like the persistent winter weather is getting to everyone, even Liam and Seamus.  This morning I shuffled downstairs at 6 am to find my boys making homemade lemonade.  We found a dozen lemons on sale for a dollar at the grocery store last week.  Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I asked them to explain their process.

Step 1: Measure the lemons using a measuring cup.

Step 2: Crush the lemons whole using a hamburger patty maker.

Granted, they did crush them in a container so that is something.
Step 3: I don't think they had thought this far ahead yet.

After much cajoling and repeated (unsuccessful) attempts to crush the lemons their way, they agreed to accept my offer of assistance.




1.5 cups fresh lemon juice
1 cup sugar
5 cups water

A little taste of summer on a very cold spring day.

No comments:

Post a Comment