Sunday 29 April 2018

Peaceful Productivity

I know that it is going to be a wonderful day when Ian offers to take the boys out for the morning so I can spend a few uninterrupted hours in the barnyard.  Ah, peace and quiet.


Our farm animals are currently living in a mud puddle.  I figured that since it is so wet outside, they would appreciate a clean, dry sleeping spot more than ever.  So I mucked the barns, in the muck.


I noticed today that Abbott currently has a sore eye.  The lid is swollen but he can still open it a bit.  It is tearing pretty heavily.  Hopefully this heals up quickly.


Violet was really enjoying her free choice minerals today.  She licked some up while I was in the barn to show me that I installed the mineral feeder at exactly the correct height.


As always, I multi-tasked.  I tried a new recipe for naturally leavened sour dough.  It was my nicest crumb yet (the holes on the inside) but got a little burnt on the outside.



My first try at English muffins resulted in muffins that were definitely edible; however, there is room for improvement.  The boys did not complain at all though.  They each polished off two, warm out of the oven with melted butter and jam.


On the whole, it was a low-key but productive Sunday - the best way to end the week, in my opinion.

1 comment: