Friday 27 April 2018

Cheeping Out to Randy Travis

We're here!
After awakening to a beautiful sunrise at the cottage,


and leaving Liam and Seamus in the very capable hands of Grandma and Grandpa,

Who doesn't love an early morning tractor ride?
 I continued my trek to Carrying Place to retrieve our new chicks.  Collecting them and strapping them in safely was easy.


I introduced them to some Randy Travis for the drive back to the cottage.  It seems that we are going to get along just fine; the chicks were loving my choice of country music from the 80's.  In fact, when I turned it off, they responded by continuing the music themselves.



The boys were thrilled to meet our new additions.  The hardest part was getting Seamus not to squeeze them to death with love.






I had a very different soundtrack on this leg of the journey: cheeps and snores.

It is exhausting loving on something so cute and tiny!
At home we installed the chicks into their new home in the trailer that very recently held our veggies being hardened off.  Good thing I got the pallet garden done so we have room to house our new chicks!


Our chicks were HUNGRY after their long journey.
Both chicks and toddlers are now fed, warm, happy, and snoozing.  I will not be far behind.


No comments:

Post a Comment