Monday 2 April 2018

A Worthwhile Trade

While driving across the city to pick up more honey jars, I made a pit stop to trade some of our honey for three different types of microgreens: pea, daikon, and mustard.  What a worthwhile trade!  I got a behind the scenes look at Joshua and Sarah's set up, brought home enough greens to make two fancy meals, and found a new food blog to follow - check out Sarah's blog at http://themealmystic.com/  She promised that more microgreen-centric recipes are forthcoming.


At Gael Glen Farm, tonight's menu consisted of a grilled tomato and mozzarella wrap with homegrown basil, homemade garlic scape pesto, and lots of microgreens.  I also served a side of microgreen and cucumber salad with a Gael Glen honey and dijon dressing.


For dessert, we had homemade yogurt with Gael Glen maple syrup.


I got approval all around.

Seamus loved the pea shoots!
I think there might be some microgreen growing in my future.  Maybe after we are done sprouting seeds for the garden and there is room under my grow lights again.

P.S. I also remembered to feed my sourdough starter after returning from my errands.  So, the first rise started at 9:30pm.  This puts me on a much more reasonable bread making schedule for my next loaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment