Thursday 5 April 2018

I'm a Little Tea Pot

At breakfast this morning the boys wore tea cosies as hats and asked if we could have a tea party this afternoon.


 Anyone that knows me well, knows that fancy tea parties are pretty much my favourite thing.  Needless to say, the boys did not need to twist my arm.

We prepared our invitation list.  First on the list was Tigger.  He wore his best shirt for the occasion.


Next, Franny and Danny.  These Las Vegas flamingos are Seamus' best buddies.  I find them impossible to tell apart but Seamus seems to know who is who.

Franny or Danny?

The other one.  They look identical to me.
And finally, Charlie?!  I could not be persuaded to let Charlie attend our tea party in the kitchen so we compromised by allowing her to participate remotely.


We set the table with our "fancy" dishes.  These were the ones we used before we had matching wedding dishes.


We practised singing "I'm a Little Tea Pot".


We made cinnamon sugar tea biscuits.  They turned out beautifully.  Crunchy on the outside and flaky on the inside.


And brewed Harney and Sons' Hot Cinnamon Spice tea - decaf of course, the last thing I need is caffeinated toddlers.  Nightmare.


And then we chowed down, in an elegant and sophisticated way befitting a tea party, of course.



It was a lovely way to spend an afternoon.  I am so lucky to have sons who can appreciate a good tea party.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a good time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete