Friday 1 December 2017

Preparing for the Christmas Market

Ian and I often divide up the farm duties according to our strengths.  In "farm to table", I do the "farm" part.  My strength is production: animal rearing, poop scooping, beekeeping, etc.  Ian gets my farm to the "table".  He is the distribution arm of our family enterprise. 

Taking his role as distributor very seriously, he decided we are going to market our wares (aka honey) in time for the holiday season.  Two great local breweries (Crooked Mile in Almonte and Covered Bridge in Ottawa) will be selling our honey in their tasting rooms.  Covered Bridge will also have it at their upcoming Christmas market.

This week we invested some time in preparing our honey for market. 

My part of the job was this...





Ian's job was this...





He is making Honey Stix, like Pixie Stix but filled with wholesome, delicious honey instead of flavoured sugar.  It is a neat idea for a farmer's market.  He certainly had fun making them and the boys had fun taste testing. 

I will keep you posted on the date and times of Covered Bridge Brewery's Christmas Market in case you want to stop by.

No comments:

Post a Comment