Thursday 21 December 2017

The Popcorn Trifecta

We have "hunted" our Christmas tree; though, it is less wild than in previous years.  Yes, I admit it, we bought it from the old man in the Best Buy parking lot.  A -15 degrees Celcius day with toddlers who hate the cold, does not make for good tree hunting conditions.  We chose a tree in about 4 minutes - a speed record I hope not to have to repeat in future years.


Our tree is trimmed.


For all intents and purposes, the tree-related work should now be done.  However, it is taking all of my energy to keep the grimy fingers of a few specific rascals off of the decorations.  

Instead of focusing my energy on blocking Liam and Seamus' urges to touch the ornaments, today I tried working with them by having the boys make their own decorations.  We worked on making popcorn garlands.  A snack, a craft, and a diversion - the trifecta.





The thing with toddler crafts is that we always get to about here...


...when I hear, "Mama, I'm bored of this.  Can you finish mine?"

I would characterize the garlands as a moderate success.  On the up-side there were no complaints of hunger.  On the down-side, it was very messy.  


On the up-side, the "schnauz-uums" were more than happy to clean the floor for us.  See below for a video of Charlotte and Emily vacuuming the floor with their snouts. A time saver for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment