Saturday 2 December 2017

Shoulda Been a Sheepdog

The problem with mucking the barns without toddler support is that I do not have anyone to man the gate while I push the wheelbarrow through from the backyard into the animal paddock.  Usually Charlie and the sheep are content to watch me work; however, today Violet had other plans.  Escape plans.

Can you tell what is wrong with this picture? 
I opened the gate, turned back to get the wheelbarrow and the deed was done.  Much to Charlie's distress and Emily's amusement, Violet took off like a shot - full speed ahead into the backyard.  Once "free", she headed straight for the orchard where she lazily grazed on the grass under the apple trees.

Charlie responded by wailing mournfully through the fence.  I am not sure whether it was "bon voyage" or "come back" or "you're finally free".  It sounded most like "I may never see you again - I might die of loneliness".

Emily, on the other hand, was bemused.


Emily: "MOM! Do you see her? What do you think she is doing over there? 
Doesn't she know that sheep aren't supposed to be on this side of the fence."

Me: "Hmm....I'm not too worried. I'll get Liam and Seamus to chase her back in."

Emily: "No way! I wanna do it. Let me! Let me! LET ME!"



Emily: "SEE?!  I shoulda been a sheepdog."

Charlotte: "You guys are all crazy.  I am too dignified for these types of shenanigans."

1 comment: