Friday 18 October 2019

Wintergreens

I know I might be a little bit crazy but I can't help myself.  I love growing things.

I also hate paying $5 for a tub of salad.  So, I transplanted some of my beets from outside to inside under the grow lights.  I will wait for them to grow some new roots and then plant them in soil.  My hope is to harvest beet greens from them all winter long.



I also may have planted a whole tray of swiss chard seeds and foraged my breakfast for tomorrow.

Fresh eggs and Coprinus comatus (shaggy ink cap or shaggy mane) mushroom.



Before you say it, I know it costs money for electricity to run the grow lights all winter.  But since they are on anyway for Liam's transplanted cucamelon plant that is flourishing (I think it is planning on taking over the world), I figured that I might as well take advantage.


No comments:

Post a Comment