Tuesday 22 October 2019

Enough is Enough...Get Canning!

At some point I think it is reasonable to say "enough is enough" of a million green tomatoes.  They were taking over my living room and it just had to stop.  I kept a tray full of the largest, nicest ones.  The chickens were the lucky beneficiaries of the remainder.


With the somewhat ripe tomatoes, I squirrelled away one jar of stewed tomatoes and whipped up a delicious meal of cheesy sausage and tomato pasta with the rest.  It was a crowd pleaser for supper with enough left over for two large Tupperware containers full for easy meals from the freezer.




Likewise, I am tired of turkey.  So, I made turkey stock.


I canned 14 one litre jars of stock, with a 15th going directly into my fridge to be used for supper tomorrow.


I am also tired of seeing pears on my counter.  So, I cleaned and canned six more jars of pears in light syrup.


This should pretty much do it for preserving the autumn harvest.  I think I might actually be done canning for 2019.  Woohoo!

*Believe it or not, this was only half of what I got up to today.  I still did not get around to folding the mountain of clean laundry on my living room floor, though.  That is a job for tomorrow...or the next day...or the next day.  Man, I hate folding clothes and putting them away!

No comments:

Post a Comment