Sunday 6 October 2019

7 Hours 1200 Sausages

Our third annual sausage day was an unqualified success.


What usually takes place over three nights, the sausage making men managed to streamline into one afternoon and an early evening.  


They may have taken over my kitchen but they were excellent with letting Liam and Seamus "help" as much as they wanted to.  


Even better, they are meticulous cleaners.  I think my kitchen is cleaner upon their departure than it was before their arrival.  Every year they thank me profusely for offering up our house for sausage day and ask me repeatedly if I mind them being here.  





Honestly, I do not mind at all.  While I have no desire to be directly in the midst of their organized chaos, I enjoy that they have such camaraderie.  I also love that Ian is home for the day as opposed to me being by myself with the kids while he makes sausages elsewhere.  


Besides, offering up the use of my kitchen for seven hours is a small price to pay for a year's worth of sausages in my freezer (even if I have to endure far too many naughty sausage jokes).

No comments:

Post a Comment