Friday 11 October 2019

I Got a Goat Star

When my goats give me a "goat star", I know that I have had one heck of a day.


I cleaned everyone's barns.


I let everyone run wild for an afternoon play date.  The goats, chickens and ducks got along swimmingly.  They spent the afternoon devouring what is left of our vegetable garden.  I want to get it tilled up and get next year's garlic planted soon, so if there was ever a time for them to forage in it, today was it.


Ava participated in the play date too but in a more supervised fashion.  She has not lost her desire for a ducky dinner, unfortunately.  She did play very nicely with Charlie.  They took an autumn stroll together with a camaraderie than only a guardian donkey and dog can share.


Meanwhile on the homestead, cheese and bread for tomorrow's Thanksgiving meal got made.



First rise.
Chocolate chip cheesecake cookies for Sunday's Thanksgiving meal got made.  I received very complimentary feedback from Ian's taste test: "This is the best thing I have ever eaten."



My kimchi got finished thanks to Ian and Alistair's run to the grocery store to pick up Korean pepper flakes, fresh ginger and fish sauce - three things that I definitely do not make at home.




Now to ferment for three days.
And Ian hunted three geese.  I cannot take any credit for that but I am certainly thankful for the fresh meat that is now in our freezer.

On the whole, it was a very busy day for everybody here on Gael Glen Farm.  Now we are all tucked in to our clean, comfy beds/crates/barns/roosts and ready for a great night's sleep.  We are looking forward to a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment