Thursday 24 October 2019

A Small Time Laundry Delinquent

It had to get done.  There was no question about it, really.  I simply had to bite the bullet and fold the massive amount of laundry currently forming a gigantic clothes mountain in the middle of my living room floor. 

Don't get me wrong, the clothes are clean.  I am not a laundry hoarder...just a small time laundry delinquent.  And I do like some parts of laundry.  I actually quite enjoy hanging clothes on the line.  And I don't mind so much folding one small load at a time.  But I massively detest folding a large amount of laundry all at once, lugging it all upstairs, and shoving it into drawers.  I just hate doing it.  I must be missing the gene for laundry proficiency.

But as I often tell the boys, sometimes you have to do things that you don't like to do - like make your bed or eat your brussels sprouts.  Today is one of those days for me.  I have avoided it for long enough, I have to fold the laundry.

So, Alistair and I got to work.  He seemed happy enough with our task...


but he certainly made the job more difficult.


I am relieved to report that Gael Glen Farm's Great Clothes Mountain has disappeared.  If only I didn't have still more laundry to do. Sigh.  Will it ever end?!  No, no it won't... Cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment