Thursday 31 October 2019

Earning the Sweets

Did you earn your sweets this Halloween?

Our boys trudged around the neighbourhood in the pouring rain dressed as firemen.  They were not particularly bothered by the awful weather but it made their night to encounter some real life firefighters who were also out trick or treating in the downpour.


In my opinion, these highly motivated candy collectors earned every treat that they managed to stuff in their pumpkin bags.


I, on the other hand, earned my Halloween sweets by shovelling five tonnes of gravel into my barns.  I literally moved two small mountains of rocks using my own brute strength and a heck of a lot of determination. 






I won't discount the possibility of some divine intervention too.  When you are walking a mile in your father's shoes (or in my case, shovelling a mountain in my father's boots), you can't help but feel that he is up There sending you strength, energy and perseverance.


Any treats we eat tonight are certainly well deserved!

No comments:

Post a Comment