Wednesday 9 October 2019

Bishop Borscht?

Goat stew?! 


Nope, deer but delicious nonetheless.  Alistair and I began this frosty morning with a harvest session in our quickly dwindling vegetable garden.  The goats tried to help but could not resist chowing down on the fresh, frosty greens.  Now that their options are more limited, they have decided that brussels sprouts are indeed worth their time.  At least somebody is eating them!  Funny enough, they leave the sprouts and eat the leaves instead.


In an effort to continue squirrelling away food for winter, I turned my harvested beets, carrots, radishes, cabbage, tomatoes, onions, garlic, and kale into Sandy Stew.  Unfortunately, only four of my seven jars sealed (I think I overfilled them) so there will be a few that will have to go into the freezer.


It is a shame to put gorgeous colourful carrots and fancy heirloom tomatoes into a stew where everything melds together but I will just have to make sure to appreciate their deliciousness a little extra on a cold and snowy day.


Bishop is just glad that we are making Sandy Stew instead of Bishop Borscht. 


Just kidding, he is too cute (and much too tiny) to eat....yet.  Again, kidding.  We are going to sell our kid goats as pets not food.  Though with all the greens they have been eating I am sure they would be delicious, albeit boney.


No comments:

Post a Comment