Sunday 18 April 2021

She's a Flowin'

With all of the rocks now placed, all the unwanted grass and weeds dug up and the pond filled up with water, it was finally time to test out our brand new waterfall.  Once Ian got it up and running, we quickly realized that I was going to have to do a third revamp of the waterfall (oh man!).  Most of the water was just flowing underneath the rocks instead of over top of them.  This involved, of course, moving more rocks.  Why not?  I should be almost an expert in this by now, right?



The price of doing business today was one smashed up finger (I hope I don't lose my nail) and another evening of having every muscle in my body hurt.  Apparently lifting rocks and ripping out sod does not use the same muscle groups as hiking and yoga.  Ugh.  At least we are getting there.  

Our next tasks will be topping up the soil in the garden areas, laying down cardboard as a weed barrier and then mulching the bejesus out of the whole garden.  We will working on adding perennial bushes, grasses, spring flower bulbs and plants over the next few years but for now I just want to keep the weeds and grass out so I can spend some time appreciating my new waterfall while she's a flowin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment