Sunday 4 April 2021

Easter Sunday Hops & Pedals

There was no sleeping in at our house today.  The boys were ready to hop to it and collect some Easter treats bright and early this morning.  Alistair totally understood what was going on this year and was a force to be reckoned with in the egg collection department.







To stave off the crazy that inevitably follows when three kids eat way too much chocolate before 8 am, we packed everyone up and headed out on a long bike ride.  The boys ride their bikes all the time but this was Alistair's first ride ever and my first time on a bike since my second year of undergraduate (that's a long, long time ago).


We borrowed a trolley for Ali from friends and a helmet for me from a neighbour.  Ian wrestled my super heavy and very ancient pink bicycle off the ceiling of the garage, pumped up the tires and warned me that I would be unable to change gears and that my one working break left something to be desired.


Even so, off we went!  My 25 year old bike despite being in rough shape, sputtered through the journey with a little elbow (actually knee) grease.  Best of all, I did not forget how to ride; the boys told me that I am actually a pretty good bike rider - ha ha!




Ali, of course, perfected the bike nap on his first try.


Upon arriving home, I went to return my borrowed helmet, only to be oh so generously gifted with not only the helmet for keeps but also a truly amazing "granny bike" to replace my ailing ride from high school.  This beauty needs a small tune up and clean up but we have christened her Sprocket the Rocket!  I am beyond thrilled and cannot wait to make lots of new memories with my new ride.  Thank you so much Bill and Laurie!


It seems that Easter surprises were in the works for all of us today.  We are so grateful!

Happy Easter everyone from all of us here on Gael Glen Farm.

Pecky Becky, Emma, Abby, Gus & Fitz wishing all of you a wonderful Easter Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment