Friday 30 October 2020

They Wore Me Out

My energy was completely tapped out by 4:30 pm.  What a busy day!

The first of our spring time chicks laid an egg today.  Liam and Seamus were thrilled to find the mini egg while doing morning chores.



The boys worked hard in school - thank goodness.  It turns out that Jack O' Lantern carving is an excellent motivator.





We also prepped treats for tomorrow's backyard Halloween hunt.


In the midst of all this, Seamus lost his second tooth!  He was so happy that he noticed it this time and did not swallow it.  Now he has an excellent gap.


We tidied, did laundry, made meals, etc.  I meant to harvest my Chinese cabbage for kimchi making but when I got around to it, the cabbage leaves were already frozen.  Oh well, I took this as Mother Nature's way of telling me to leave this chore for another day.

It does not happen often, but every once and a while, I figure that it is okay to feed the kids breakfast for supper and have them all bathed and asleep by 6 pm.  It might not make me the world's greatest mother but at least I have preserved my sanity for another day.  

Another upside is that this freed up Ian and I for an adults only dinner of venison tenderloin with our boiled potatoes, steamed swiss chard and a tossed salad from our autumn garden (which is now frozen solid).  Our pseudo date night meal got two thumbs up from both of us.  Oh, did I mention the quiet?  A quiet meal is a treat indeed.



Ian and I also had a chance to bond over beer tasting for the MOB and Beau's Oktoberfest Home Brew Competition.   We sampled a few good beers and mostly agreed on their ranking.


Now it is cold outside, the Tooth Fairy has visited, and I am ready for bed.  I have a feeling that tomorrow will be another busy day of Halloween festivities here on Gael Glen Farm.  I need to rest up!

No comments:

Post a Comment