Sunday 11 October 2020

Pecky Becky Escapes the Roasting Pan

If I were the only turkey on a small family farm on the day before Thanksgiving, a sense of self-preservation might tempt me into stealth mode.  You know, try to make myself look more like a chicken, stick with the flock, keep quiet.  

Or, I could be like Pecky Becky - getting floofy for everyone, strutting around the barnyard like she owns the place, and declaring her love of the holiday with jubilant gobbles all day long!  

I swear this turkey knows that Seamus has a major soft spot for her and that he is standing by, ready to threaten all would-be turkey-nappers with karate chops.  


And so, Pecky Becky feels free to be her most flamboyant self with no fear of a one-way trip to the roasting pan on the most turkey-est of turkey days.  

Pecky Becky, you are one lucky bird.  You are one lucky bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment