Sunday 5 April 2020

Pea & Poop

I have been told many times that I am very much like my father and paternal grandfather.  In general I agree; however, one area where I differ quite starkly is in aptitude for construction.  I figured that this particular vocation simply bypassed me until...I looked out at my lawn this morning and realized that over the past week I have managed to construct my very own hoop greenhouse shanty town.


This is no joke.  There are now seven of them!  Apparently I am not immune to the "I will just get one shed" (or in my case, hoop greenhouse) syndrome that my neighbour, Mr. George, is infected with.  Mr. George started out fifty years ago with "just one" shed and how he must have a dozen of them.  Again, no joke.

On the bright side, I had somewhere safe to plant my first sowing of snap and regular peas, parsnips, salsify and turnips.  AND I still have more protected space!  What to plant next?  So many possibilities.





On a related note, Alistair also has a protected space; his Poop Place.  He goes there to poop in his diaper.  Every time.  I wonder if poop places are similarly subject to Shed Multipler Syndrome?  Will Ali ever be happy with just one?!



No comments:

Post a Comment