Saturday 11 April 2020

Go Team!

Ian and I both began projects today with the help of our boys.

Ian's project is building a swine shack.  We are going to be adding two piglets to our farm in about a month's time and they will need their own shelter.  After building Charlie and the sheep a new barn last year, this should be a breeze!

Lucky for me, Ian's pig project jump-started my own endeavour - the pond garden renovation project.  Ian has decided to re-purpose the pressure treated wooden planks that currently make up the older part of our pond fence into boards to build the swine shack.  We already have additional metal panels to complete the circle of newer fence but have not yet gotten around to installing them in place of the wood panels.  Finally, today was the day.  Ian removed the old wooden fence, separated all the planks and made good progress at installing the new metal fence panels.  It was a hard day's work and a job well done.



On my part, I got started on cleaning up the patio inside the pond garden fence.  I have dreams of this garden becoming my tea garden, full of rose bushes, a magnolia tree and a working waterfall.  My dad was supposed to assist me in renovating the pond the summer that he passed away and it has been difficult to make substantial progress since.  However, I have decided that this is the year that the Gael Glen Farm Tea and Rose Garden will become a reality.  It will definitely require some elbow grease and a pair of hip waders but I am determined.


We got a good start today on the new fencing, weeding between the patio stones and ripping out a patch of wild thorn bushes.  We sustained some war wounds in the process but the boys were tough!



It was nothing that some homemade cookies (shaped like mini muffins) and a mug of hot chocolate couldn't cure.


There is much more work to do but luckily I have all spring and summer AND the help of three energetic little munchkins and a handyman husband.  Together I know we can do it!  Go Team Tea Garden!  Or Team Swine Shack?  Whatever...as long as we are making progress on something.

No comments:

Post a Comment