Tuesday 5 November 2019

The Grain Train

Grain is a staple food here on Gael Glen Farm for everyone except Charlotte and Emily and the fish.  Unfortunately, when I opened the grain bins this morning, I realized that we were all out...of everything.




No oats, corn, soy, or alfalfa for the donkey and sheep.  



No dairy goat pellets, alfalfa pellets or high protein supplement for the goats. 


No layer pellets for the poultry and ducks.  No chicken and barley kibble for Ava.  


No bread for the humans.  


It was a grain-tastrophe (slight exaggeration) but I did have some very hungry dependants.  So, it was off to Kinburn Farm Supply to stock up.  It is a good thing we have a big, empty van or I would have had to hook up the trailer!


I am happy to report that the grain train has pulled into the station.  We are now back in action.  All of my dependants have received a "grain-ily" delicious evening meal.


It is like they have not eaten in days!

No comments:

Post a Comment