Tuesday 12 November 2019

Tired but Lucky

Alistair was pretty excited to wake up to a winter wonderland this morning!


What a difference a day made!

Yesterday
Today
Liam and Seamus were pretty excited about the snowfall too.  They could not wait to get out and play.  I took full advantage of their enthusiasm for using a shovel. 

After making them a double yoker omelette for breakfast,



and with Ava as company, we spent over an hour this morning shovelling porches and walkways, barn doors and gates all over the farm.

Ava loves the snow.  She had the best time helping out with morning chores.
Our post shovelling hot chocolate was well deserved!


While Alistair napped and Ian drove the big boys to school, I milked the goats.  They are not nearly as thrilled as Ava about the cold, though they are handling the plunge into subzero temperatures very well.  They are munching everything in sight to help generate body heat.  They were thrilled when they managed to squeeze past me into the hay loft and promptly began to devour the "forbidden" hay.  The hay is always fresher on the other side, don't ya know.


Once they were in, I could not get them out!

Us?  No way we're leaving!
I gave up and let them have at it.  Meanwhile, I headed inside to make some homemade granola.  The boys have been asking for store bought cereal so I figured I would oblige them with a healthier alternative.






I made two batches so we have enough to freeze.  Batch one was apricot currant and batch two, cranberry raisin.

With the house smelling heavenly, Alistair and I engaged in some snowy day doggy snuggles.  While Alistair kept Charlotte on her toes,




 I gave grumpy pants Emily some belly rubs.  You cannot tell but she liked it.


Leaving the dogs to their post snuggle naps, Alistair and I dropped into the grocery store for a nap of our own before picking the big boys up from school.


It has been a really good, albeit very tiring, day.  The best part for me?  A few minutes of quiet snuggle time with Emily.  Funny enough, this was the highlight of Ian's day too.  Life sure would not be as sweet without our puppies for snuggles nor as tiring without our kids causing chaos.  That said, we would not have it any other way.  We are very, very lucky.  Tired.  But lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment